For the 2015 NBA All Star game held in New York’s own Madison Square Garden, House of Hoops wanted to go big! Creating a 5,100 sq ft premium retail pop-up space that would show an evolution of their brand, while celebrating 43 years of Nike hoops. I was the lead retail & environmental designer working with Nike North American Brand Design tapped to bring Nike innovation and NYC style to life within this space. This project was the love-child of so many people and teams (outside Nike and with-in) that I will only mention what I had ownership of:
- Assist in the overall floorplan layout.
- Material palette used throughout to give the space a premium evolved look.
- Art Direction of the pinnacle footwear innovation cases (display cases for Lebron, Kobe, Kyrie, KD, Melo, and AirForce 1).
- Designed the exterior facade and building threshold.
- Designed the product customization booth and display wall.
Partnering with Adam Garcia of The Pressure together we created an event-specific NYC graphics package shoppers could customize their gear with. One of my favorite subtle details of the space is within the subway tiles, partnering with Hovercraft Studio we created special Gold tiles that showcased stats, dates, and names of basketball’s greatest athletes throughout the history of the game along with Nike product All Stars.
The project received numerous hits on top industry sites like: Freshness Mag, Sneakernews, Sole Collector, NBC Sports…
Creative Director – Ray Butts
Art Director – John Moon
Art Director & Environmental Designer – Cory Roberts
Creative Partner – Adam Garcia / The Pressure
Creative Partner – Hovercraft Studio
Creative Partner – SET Creative